Originally Posted by GOROTECH
Mine is a disco10. im still new to android and don't know nothing on rooting. but if you can tell me how to root or were i can find a tutorial ill be glad. 10x again
If you're going to root your tablet the simplest way of doing it is by upgrading your firmware to one of the custom versions that are 'pre rooted'. I use s0I
's but others swear by Tim's. Whichever way you go the process is extremely simple:
- Download the file (it is a zip containing two files)
- Unzip the file in a convenient place [on your PC for example]
- Copy the two files: firmware2 and firmware-discovery to the root directory of a VFAT formatted Micro SD Card
- Pop the card in the slot on your tablet
- Power on your tablet and wait for it to finish
- Remove the card from the slot
- Power on tablet to your shiny new, rooted, firmware
That's all there is to it, it's very painless and only takes a minute or two.
I am using s0I's firmware for its excellent 3G support and am very happy with it, Tim's firmware [versions above v3] include the same 3G support plus extra 'tweaks
' and assorted additional apps. It appears there are a few niggles with Tim's newer versions [camera trouble, BBC iPlayer not working etc.] but Tim is back from his Hols and these issues are being worked on.
All you have to do now is decide what firmware to use and take the plunge!
However, if you really don't want to upgrade your firmware there is a helpful guide to rooting [not the Australian way] your tablet here
Whatever you decide we are here if you need any more help...