Thread: General Flytouch 3 - Android 2.2
View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:04 AM   #350 (permalink)
GOROTECH

Device(s): SuperPad Flytouch 3 Android 2.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Surprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbod View Post
Hi,

If you're going to root your tablet the simplest way of doing it is by upgrading your firmware to one of the custom versions that are 'pre rooted'. I use s0I's but others swear by Tim's. Whichever way you go the process is extremely simple:

That's all there is to it, it's very painless and only takes a minute or two.

I am using s0I's firmware for its excellent 3G support and am very happy with it, Tim's firmware [versions above v3] include the same 3G support plus extra 'tweaks' and assorted additional apps. It appears there are a few niggles with Tim's newer versions [camera trouble, BBC iPlayer not working etc.] but Tim is back from his Hols and these issues are being worked on.

All you have to do now is decide what firmware to use and take the plunge!

However, if you really don't want to upgrade your firmware there is a helpful guide to rooting [not the Australian way] your tablet here.

Whatever you decide we are here if you need any more help...

Ok thanks a lot. i thinck i will go for the s0I, but one thing i did not understand...

Copy the two files: firmware2 and firmware-discovery to the root directory of a VFAT formatted Micro SD Card

so i have to copy these 2 files iv extracted on the tf card just like that or i have to create a folder or somthing. wath is to the "root directory of a VFAT" ????????

and one more thing the z4 iv got insalled gives me only one option . "ROOT" just root no temporary or permanent. but i gusse i don't need this.