View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2011, 03:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
evomattnc

Device(s): EVO 4G Synergized HC style, Asus EEE Pad Transformer optimized Prime 1.5 style
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcecarbldr View Post
Ok, I originally rooted my Evo using Unrevoked3 and it's been rooted for a few months. I had to unroot it two days ago to take the phone in to get the earpiece speaker replaced on my insurance. I flashed Unrevoked Forever and tried to unroot my phone using the Rooting for Dummies section on this site but I couldn't get it to unroot, it wouldn't flash the PC36IMG zip afterwards, it kept saying "Main version is older, Update Fail".
So I finally got it to unroot using the RUU Windows method HTCEvoHacks.com shows. While it was in the Sprint store they updated it to 2.3.3. Being I had this phone rooted before with Unrevoked3 and had flashed Unrevoked Forever prior to unrooting it and receiving the OTA update, can I reroot it again or am I stuck till someone finds a way??

Did you flash the s on tool? Does hboot say s on or off. If its still off we may be able to root it the rest of the way again. If its on you are stuck for now.