Thread: Support A 500 3.1 wifi problem
View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2011, 11:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
splatoid

Device(s): Acer Iconia A500 Root Acer Iconia A100 Stock HTC Incredible one Root HTC Rezond Root
Carrier: Not Provided

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulawingalang View Post
Hi guys! Im new here and I just wanted to share my experience with my Acer Iconia after updating to Honeycomb 3.1

After updating to Honeycomb, it did seem to run faster and better but after how many hours, i wasnt able to connect to any wifi network. That pissed me off... :l

I tried numerous ways to try and fix it, I even tried manually using static ip and reserving an ip address for my tablet and it worked, it did connect but there was no internet.

So I tried resetting my tablet by pressing the reset button beside the usb port. the first reset, no luck, still won't connect but on the second time i reset my device i was able to connect :-)

I suggest before you do a factory reset on your device, try resetting your device first 2 times and make sure to forget the wifi networks as well and try reconnecting again.

I hope this helps! So far I've connected to three different wifi networks and experienced no problem at all. :-)
Great find.
Thanks for sharing this a lot of people are having this problem and I have seen no fixes yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to splatoid For This Useful Post:
tdhcouncil (May 11th, 2012)