View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2011, 09:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
rebel101150

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn37 View Post
Thank you. The text message app you suggested does exactly what I want. I'm still not sure why I have 5 ways to open up a browser.

I did install a new one. Dolphin or something? I like it. It seems to be the one that pops up when I use the voice search thing. So is there a way to hide all the google browser links all over my main screen?

Also you say that bloatware is not uninstallable.. Is it hard for someone who knows nothing about this to remove them? Is there a way I can simply hide the icons I wont use? Maybe even stop them from running? So many pre installed apps I will never use. It bugs me to even look at them.

One more thing.. Do I need to install one of those security/virus apps I see? Recommendations?

Thank you again for taking the time to answer me..
They are all uninstallable however for a novice user such as yourself I advise against it. It involves rooting which is a simple process but there's plenty of information in this forum already.

It's not "5 different ways to open a browser". Cricket has their bloatware wap browser to their site and then it's the normal browser. You should maybe try a google search on the basics of android itself and come back to us.