View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2011, 04:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
dhutch

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I've just stumbled on this thread as I, like the OP, and thinking of getting a basic smart phone but do not feel i can justify stretching the budget to the later models (even if could, i find the thought of carrying a 200 around a bit weird) and have also had it suggested that the legend is a little bit more robust than other smart phones.
Currently I have a nokia 6700 which i had as a follow on to me very good 6300 with the addition of GPS and 3G, i was tempted by a legend at the time but do a lot of sports so went with the nokia classic, but sadly its been nothing but trouble. Horrible keypad, unreliable, laggy, screen failed and was repair, etc. Hence its back to phase one, picking a new phone!
Im getting a 'second fix replacement' brand new 6700, so the plan is to sell that on ebay and buy a used legend for the money it raises.
My only slight concern is battery life and how im going to use the touch screen through a waterproof case when sailing.
But im game to give it a go, invest in a car charger, and if it comes to it take the sim out and have a cheap old nokia 'sailing phone' for when i need it to be waterproof.

Daniel