View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2011, 11:54 AM   #42 (permalink)
novox77
Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!

Device(s): Evo 4G, 3D, LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 3,270 Times in 1,410 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersonphoto View Post
Green hue is caused by the flash. I guess its not daylight balanced color wise. I did some testing last weekend. In bright daylight if the flash is on it will give a green hue to the photos. I havent tested it indoors but I would assume if you are using your flash you should probably change your white balance to flash as well instead of using auto white balance.
different issue, though both appear to be white balancing problems. The camera is not white balancing properly when the flash goes off (sometimes) which causes the entire picture to look bluish or greenish depending on where you draw the line. Call it cyanish to be accurate. This is something I reproduced here:

Picture quality analysis (2D)

But the current green tint problem is unrelated. People see it in daytime as well as low-light shots where flash is not involved. It appears to be a white-balance issue as well, but seems to have a mind of its own (regardless of your white balance settings).

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Help me out: Sign up with Dropbox and we both get 500MB extra space. Thanks!
Last edited by novox77; July 13th, 2011 at 03:26 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to novox77 For This Useful Post:
Jackietreehorn (July 13th, 2011), marctronixx (July 13th, 2011)