View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2011, 04:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
northcaledon

Device(s): HTC Desire HD 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

OK I'm not alone.

I was searching for the last 2 days to see what I was doing wrong when I could not open YouTube, Market, Maps, and Weather on my 2 week old HTC Desire HD 4G. I found that I could access Gmail, and even get 5 Meg's/ second transfer on speakeasy.net/speedtest. But as soon as I went to use the above mentioned applications, everything just either said "network error", or I just received an endlessly spinning progress counter. I performed my first complete reset back to factory of my HTC Desire HD 4G, to no avail. I see user "octavioglz" has the very same problem. I am running on the "Telus" network, which I believe is carried by Bell. I am also running Android 2.3.3.

This afternoon, I called Telus support. It was suggested that I should do a complete restore/reset back to factory state of my phone. I told the tech that I had just done that last night, when he said "just one minute", let me try this Android phone I have here...... He found that when they tried to open "Market" with one of their phones, they had a network error as well........
Well, why then is there not a place where we can see the status of the networks we are on, BEFORE we wipe our phones out. I've had this problem for 2 1/2 days now.

Oh, technology. Hopefully this will sort out by tomorrow.
Does this kind of stuff happen regularly? I'm only 2 weeks in on my Smartphone/Android experience myself.

I am in the Toronto area.
Last edited by northcaledon; July 13th, 2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: correction