Thread: Support A 500 3.1 wifi problem
View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2011, 02:24 PM   #30 (permalink)
Greynar

Device(s): Acer Iconia A500
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via Skype™ to Greynar

Okay I'm officially declaring my revulsion of the Acer support system. I logged this question:

"When will the patch arrive to correct the WiFi connectivity issues? I have attempted forgetting networks and performing a reset, which worked once, but now I can't connect to any WiFi network."

The response?

"Having reviewed your email, I understand that you are experiencing an issue with WiFi connection.

I can understand how inconvenient it could be.

As per our records your system is covered under Standard Limited Warranty.

Kindly confirm whether the issue with WiFi occurred after updating the Android.

You may perform a hard ware reset 2 to 3 times using the following steps to resolve the issue. This processes will erase all of your personal information, all stored contacts and any programs you have installed on your tablet.
"

Not only did this not answer my question, it just shows that their support team are copy and paste pinheads. At this point I'm slightly put off, but I replied:

"Yes this problem began after the update to 3.1, and as I clearly stated in my original question - I have attempted to reset my device multiple times. I do not wish to perform a factory reset, as this will erase ALL purchases, and will need to re-install those again. Also, even that has not proven to be the solution. I would suggest that all Acer support staff read the support forums - for example, I found this:

A 500 3.1 wifi problem

Where one user CLEARLY states that the factory reset did NOT fix the problem."

Well, I got a reply. here is the main body:

"Please be informed that you do not need to do a factory reset or software reset at this time. Performing a hardware reset may resolve the issue. Please perform a hard ware reset 2 to 3 times using reset button that was mentioned in the previous email. Also, the hardware reset will not make any data loss."

Then they had the nerve to mark my case solved! I was able to add a new comment indicating my lack of amusement, which I'll not repeat here. So, as far as I'm concerned after this insult - I'm ready to send my A500 back to Acer in small pieces if this is typical of the answers we can all expect.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greynar For This Useful Post:
cenick213 (August 30th, 2011)