View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2011, 02:31 PM   #145 (permalink)
OhOneWS6

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Just to document it in this thread I will summarize the new issue I am having with Yahoo mail.

In short the native mail app on my Evo 3D recieves mail just fine if I manually refresh the account. It will not receive new mail in my Yahoo accounts via the automatic fetch settings which I have set to every 30 minutes during peak and every 4 hours off peak.

What is the difference when the phone fetches via the schedule VS manually forcing a fetch?

One thing that seems to be happening for me, If I have a new email in one of my non yahoo accounts, the yahoo account will update via the automatic fetch. If there is no new email in the non yahoo accounts, Yahoo will not update.

It has been suggested that I should clear the mail app data but the button to clear data (and clear cache) is grayed out even if I force quit the mail app.

Is it possible to uninstall and reinstall the native mail app? At this point I would like to delete everything related to the native mail client including data & cache for all four accounts and re-create them.

EarlyMon, I am a little confused by your statement. If you no longer want to document any of this on this site please let me know and I will stop posting. If you are only trying to consolidate all Yahoo issues into one thread then I completely understand.
Last edited by OhOneWS6; July 15th, 2011 at 02:45 PM.