View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2011, 04:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
LBPHeretic

Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero (OEM Android 2.1) [Rooted] B&N Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmageddonX View Post
Phone Arena says:
"We don't know much about the HTC Kingdom but we do know that it's coming with a 4" touchscreen with qHD resolution (540 x 960 pixels), putting it in the same high league as the HTC EVO 3D and HTC Sensation. The HTC Kingdom has 5MP camera, 1.3MP front-facing camera, 1.2GHz (single core) processor, Wi-Fi, WiMAX and Bluetooth."
HTC Kingdom specs - Phone Arena

Also:
"the Kingdom is expected to come to market with the Qualcomm MSM7630 chipset featuring a upgraded 1.2GHz single-core processor and the Adreno 205 graphics engine-the very same package you would find under the hood of the HTC EVO Shift 4G."
HTC Kingdom bound for Sprint? - Phone Arena
That is a weird combination. It looks like it is actually slated below the Sprint HTC EVO 3D. It is using an older CPU and not the Adreno 220 that is in the Sprint HTC EVO 3D. That CPU has been easily overclocked to over 1.8 GHz in the T-Mobile HTC G2, so there is no surprise that it was bumped up to 1.2 GHz.

I guess maybe this will be more of a mid-level offering from Sprint. I am glad to see that Sprint is really stepping up its game on new handsets though.

Tweet with me about Android on Twitter. (Please follow to see my tweets.)