View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2011, 05:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
weltall

Device(s): Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade [Gen2] , Facepad
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbod View Post
Hi,

As I am wearing my 'pedantic hat' today I thought I would mention the 'sawee' tablet are not clones because the word clone means "..a group of cells derived from a single ancestral cell. An identical copy".

My disco tablet can be correctly described as a clone [5V, one TF slot, Android 2.2, easily upgraded via the TF slot etc.] but my deb tablets can't [9V, two TF slots, Android 2.1, not so easily upgraded via the USB socket].
People refer them as clones because i think sawee is older and usually nowadays if you find a sawee pad it will be a clone. No one cares if its a clone and disco since they can use Tim's Rom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart16 View Post
It sounds like it is probably dead and as you have ordered a new charger it would be worth cutting the plug off the end and just metering the bare wires to confirm it is FUBAR and not just a faulty plug. Replacment plugs are available.. 2.4 (or 2.5)mm OD and 0.7mm ID, center posative
It would be nice if I could make a usb charger that way to use with my multi usb charger.. so many devices and so many chargers -.-
Last edited by weltall; July 21st, 2011 at 05:13 PM.