View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2011, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
jzuzphreek

Device(s): EVO 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

jessypaulrussell
Confused Alternative

My wife and I just purchased Evo 4Gs last week. I spent the whole week researching cases with the right mix of protection and allure. Protection from my inherent clumsiness and our 19 month old chewing technophile, and allure for my wife's delicate tastes. As much as I love the look and feel of the 4G, I know I'm going to have to cover it. My research led me to Otterbox, Trident, and Ballistics. As luck would have it, I came across 2 people with CRACKED Otterbox cases. Also, I don't believe in buying the crap that comes on Mall carts, so I was planning to buy online, and couldn't find Otterbox with color options anywhere online for reasonable prices.

I fell in love with the look of the Trident Kraken series. I preferred the red, and my wife, of course, could not make up her mind. Then, while having a bid on ebay for a pink Kraken (for my wife), I ran across Ballistics. The Hard Core series with its FIVE levels of protection immediately caught my eye. Bulky is a word that comes to mind, and is immediately shoved out because of the sheer size of all 5 layers. However, the 5th layer is optional and is easily removed (a plus for me), and the LG series with 3 layers is perfect for my wife. It even has a built in kickstand to replace the 4G's. It's prone to popping off, but is easily reattached.

Here's to hoping we'll be satisfied.