Okay guys, I just did this whole deal so I thought I would try to help and retype everything a bit since it's a VERY pain in the ass process if you have to go through the whole ordeal, first, you DONT need to let the battery run down all the way...
1) Popout the battery leaving one end of your power cord plugged into computer or charger and the other end ready to plugin to the phone.
2) Holddown Vol Down + Back key + Camera + Power buttons, like mentioned above, and while holding those keys plugin the other end of the cord into the phone, the phone should boot into S/W Screen. Let go of the buttons and pop the battery back in.
3) Restore Like mentioned in original post.
4) Check for service.. if you are lucky, you are done. Otherwise continue.
5) Go to Settings --> About Phone --> Check to see if your MEID is there.. Follow the guide posted above or the link below if your MEID is a bunch of zeros.
[GUIDE] How To Restore Service If You've Lost Your MEID
6) Check for service, if done, they yay
, otherwise you need to call metropcs on another phone and ask them to help you manually program the phone.
7) Restart / check for service. If fail dial *228 then option 5 and you SHOULD be good to go. This is what I had to do, FINALLY got service
If wanted, you CAN reroot
***) If all else fails and you are still under warranty go to metropcs corporate store and claim "you called up *228 and try to update the roaming list and your phone randomly crashed after you got the message that updating of the roaming list failed" and they should replace your phone. They did it with me, but I got it fixed before needing it.