Proper way to swap my 32GB card into new EVO3D
Sorry if this has been covered, but I'm picking up a new EVO3D tomorrow and would like to confirm with the gurus on here the proper way to transfer my 32GB SD card from my current EVO4G phone. Here's what I think I'm going to do:
1. Do an AppBrain Sync of all my apps on my current EVO4G. Also, I will do a backup of my SMS, MMS, Call Log, and Bookmarks for transfer to my new phone.
2. Plug my current EVO4G into my laptop and copy the entire contents of the 32GB SD card to a folder called EVO4G Backup.
3. Plug my new EVO3D into my laptop and copy the entire contents of the provided 8GB SD card to a folder called EVO3D Backup.
4. Copy movies, pictures, and/or music ONLY from the EVO4G Backup folder to the EVO3D folder. I am not planning to copy any other app or system folders from EVO4G to EVO3D, as I think that may mess up the 3D with old junk (one exception: I will probably copy a backup of my call log, SMS, MMS, and bookmarks made using MyBackup so I can restore them onto the new phone...I will need that stuff). If anyone has any suggestions for folders I should copy from my EVO, please let me know.
5. Turn off both phones and transfer my 32GB SD card from my EVO4G to my EVO3D. Turn on the EVO3D and format the 32GB card in the EVO3d (how is this done? I'm not sure, but I'm betting it's a good idea). I also plan to put the 8GB SD card provided with the EVO3D into my EVO4G and format it.
6. Plug my EVO3D back into my laptop and copy the contents of the EVO3D Backup folder to the EVO3D SD card. Unplug the phone and do a restart to make sure that the phone is functioning normally.
7. Install AppBrain and reinstall all my synced apps from AppBrain (no data, but I'll live). User MyBackup (unrooted) to restore the SMS, MMS, Call Log, and Bookmarks.
8. Rock on with 3D awesomeness!
My only question on the above (bolded) is how to do the SD card format in the new phone...other than that, let me know if I'm missing something. Thanks, all...