View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2011, 03:22 PM   #33 (permalink)
PyroSporker

Device(s):
Carrier: ):

Thanked 1,105 Times in 606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roymus View Post
Sorry I meant to post my steps as a new thread, but appreciate the comments. Question to Pyro: You said that "the phone can only format cards up to 16GB"...can that be right? I and many others have a 32GB card, the phone can read it as such...
You created a new thread, but it is a frequented subject with an established home so a moderator politely merged it to where it has been more or less asked and answered before.

I know it sounds weird but it really did use to be true back when the Evo 4G came out and 32GB cards were new/scarce, It may have been fixed with the new versions of Android I can't recall for sure. There was a software problem where it could read and write to 32GB cards but for some reason Android's format option was grayed out or shot an error. Like I said it may have been fixed but I have had a 32GB card for over a year and vividly remember experiencing it first hand.

That is why I knew of the SD formatting utility in the first place, and I won't use anything else now. It really is a wonderful free tool to have.

---Edit---
Found some documentation from last April for fun (it must have been fixed a month or three after this with an update):
http://www.androidcentral.com/android-doesnt-play-nice-yet-32-gigabyte-microsd-cards
Last edited by PyroSporker; July 28th, 2011 at 03:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to PyroSporker For This Useful Post:
Roymus (July 28th, 2011)