View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2011, 04:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Simba501

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, HTC Inspire
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by badams1 View Post
For starters...ditch ATK. It is causing you more problems than helping you and you don't even realize it. Unused RAM is wasted RAM...and trust me you aren't going to run out because Android knows when it needs to dump apps and when it doesn't.

The lowest amount of available RAM my Inspire will drop to is right around 100-120 MB...no matter what apps I run..and thats because the OS knows what its doing and how to do it for the most part.

So don't get bent out of shape over available RAM..and let the phone do its job.

And secondly...the Inspire has WAY more than enough horsepower to operate 2.3 (gingerbread) smoothly. With the popularity of this phone and others like it (i.e. Desire HD, Thunderbolt, etc...), it will have a good life for at least the next 1-2 years.
+1, and I get tired of seeing questions of whether the Inspire is powerful enough. I even saw a thread once that pondered if it was considered mid-range . Stop it! The Inspire is one of the most powerful devices on the market, period. Outside of the dual cores with a gig of RAM, nothing trumps it (and even most of the dual cores don't outperform it in the real world, outside of the GSII). The Inspire will be very solid for the duration.

Bottom line, if someone finds the Inspire to give them a sub-par performance experience, they're doing something wrong or have a defective unit.