View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2011, 10:26 AM   #25 (permalink)
LBPHeretic

Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero (OEM Android 2.1) [Rooted] B&N Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndh777 View Post
That's hard to say. Sprint stopped giving out updates to the Samsung Moment shortly after it's release but that wasn't a popular phone like the Evo 4G is. But Sprint may not give us more updates due to them wanting us to upgrade more quickly too so...we'll have to say.

I'd have to say that I'm going to be optimistic and say they will continue to give out updates or the users who still have Evos will make an uproar causing them to release more updates such as new Android versions. I can say that Sprint will let out updates that will fix hardware/firmware issues if they arise.
Haha. The Sprint Samsung Moment was released in November of 2009 and got the Android 2.1 update in May of 2010 and might have had a maintenance update or two in between that time. They did support it for a while, but to a lesser extent than the Sprint HTC Hero. I would agree it is because it was not as popular of a handset compared to the Sprint HTC Hero.

The bottom line is that I think Sprint and HTC are being a bit more proactive with their new handsets. They seem to be supporting them a bit longer now, and that is especially true with the popular ones.

Tweet with me about Android on Twitter. (Please follow to see my tweets.)
Last edited by LBPHeretic; July 31st, 2011 at 10:30 AM.