View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2011, 07:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
BarkingGhost
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): mT3G
Carrier: Not Provided

Ok, so I have conducted some additional observations, including charging and not using the cell phone. It takes 2.5-3 hours to fully charge and approximately 12 hours to discharge. In each cycle 98% of battery use is Cell Standby and 2% is Cell Idle. I then charged the phone and when fully charged, I removed the battery. I figured if it was the battery then it might still leak its charge [fractionally] while out of the phone. After 7 hours I put it back into the phone and turned the phone on. Battery was 100% charged. I'm concluding it is NOT the battery. There have been no ANDROID updates, no application updates, etc. and I have not been using the phone for anything. But something is causing the Cell Standby function to consume the battery at a high rate (almost as if I was constantly using it for calling. My next test will be to recharge the unit and then turn the phone off, but leave the battery in it. I want to see if the battery discharges while in the phone and it powered off. If this doesn't show any signs of a discharge, I'll try to perform the equivalent of a factory reset. Does anyone know if a factory reset can be done, and if so what version I should expect to see of ANDROID afterwards? I think it originally came with 1.5 or older (currently on Froyo).