Thread: Upgrade Time!
View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2011, 04:07 PM   #183 (permalink)
LBPHeretic

Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero (OEM Android 2.1) [Rooted] B&N Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsoran View Post
When I first bought My hero,I kinda thought I had inferior product{the Evo first came out and hard to get and long waiting list},and after reading and doing some of the tips and tricks,I came away with whole different attitude.My Hero has been the best little phone I have ever had,I was getting signals in WY,AZ,UT,CO NM,CA,in some very desolate places.It might not have as many bells and whistles as some other phones,but for my usage,it was wonderful.I have upgraded to the Evo3D and am comparing and using the Hero as a measuring tape.If something should happen to this EVO,I wouldn't hesitate to put my Hero back in service.It's been a workhorse and pretty rugged and durable.
A very nice post, indeed. I still love my Sprint HTC Hero and it continues to serve me as a Wi-Fi connected Internet device and one that I will continue to tinker with as newer versions of Android get released, as I know the support for older Android devices never truly goes away.

I also upgraded to a Sprint HTC EVO 3D and it is a great handset too. I can only hope that it lives up to the experience I had with my Sprint HTC Hero, and follows in its footsteps.

Tweet with me about Android on Twitter. (Please follow to see my tweets.)