View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2011, 09:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
EVO3D

Device(s): HTC EVO 3D (Rooted)
Carrier: Not Provided

In regard to my last post, I have figured out the issue I was having and fixed it...I now have root access!

Here is how I went about fixing the issue I was having:

I read the original post above and then sought out a Youtube Video called "TeamWin Recovery Installation Guide for HTC EVO 3D" and watched the video. Here is the link: ‪TeamWin Recovery Installation Guide for HTC EVO 3D‬‏ - YouTube

In the video and in this orginal post it says to rename the TeamWin recovery file "PG86IMG.zip" however, this did not work for me. Instead I had to rename it "PG86IMG" (without the .zip extension). Then I dragged the file onto my SD Card and loaded up the bootloader. Once on the bootloader menu it will ask if you want to update the TeamWin Recovery file, I clicked 'Yes' as stated in the video and then proceeded to reboot the phone. Once the phone was back on the home screen I erased the "PG86IMG" from my SD Card and dragged the Superuser.zip file onto the SD card directory. Once finished I loaded into bootloader and clicked on Recovery and presto! I went in the recovery menu and able to load the .zip file that granted me root access!

(Hope this helps someone, but just about 99% of this information was covered in this original post and in the Youtube video I linked. All of the credit goes to Novox77 and Youtube's willwhitworth.)
Last edited by EVO3D; August 10th, 2011 at 11:54 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EVO3D For This Useful Post:
JD_from_da_80s (August 5th, 2011), novox77 (August 3rd, 2011)