This guide has been reposted from PPA, for the benefit of Phandroid members.
Here is the procedure for restoring the Huawei Ascend II back to stock. Proven working by a PPA member who tried installing CWM for the original Ascend on his Ascend 2 and b0rked his phone, yet through the magic of the stock ROM, recovered fully, none the worse for wear! Credit to vadim
at PPA for finding and posting the files.
These instructions are taken directly from the PDF file bearing the instructions, which should also be in the file containing the stock ROM.
This will wipe all data previously on your phone!
Source Thread Here
- Download the zip file with the stock ROM, and unzip it. LINK
- Copy the "dload" folder to the root of your SD card. This folder should have "update.app" inside it.
- Power off, then press Vol Down + Vol Up + Power. The installation should take place automatically. When "Upgrade Complete" appears on the screen, Pull the battery and the SD card from your phone.
- Replace your battery and boot the phone. This step may take a few minutes.
- Once fully booted, reinsert your SD card and delete the "dload" folder. You're done!