Wow. So this confirms the Targa = new version of Bionic.
Also, what the heck is the Samsung Stratosphere? Is that the SGS2? Galaxy seems to be in the same type of "name" group as Stratosphere, doesn't it?
And supposedly the Stratosphere is a 4G phone running Gingerbread! Released the same day
as Bionic (9/8/11)!!
And Yoda didn't tell us!
From the site:
- Samsung Stratosphere: Due September 8th, it's that mysterious 4G LTE handset we first learned about yesterday. Reportedly running Android 2.3.
- Motorola DROID Bionic: Also due September 8th. Moto CEO Sanjay Jha previously said that the Bionic would be coming next month, and it looks like the 8th will finally be DB-Day.
- BlackBerry Curve 9370: The third handset due on September 8th. This one's new to us, as we haven't heard anything about Verizon's plans for the next device in RIM's Curve line. What's surprising here isn't that Verizon will be getting the 9350, but that it could pack 4G connectivity.
- Motorola XOOM: Also coming September 8th is the 4G LTE XOOM. The current XOOM's 4G upgrade process is also scheduled to kick off on the 8th, but could begin one week earlier.
- HTC Bliss: Hitting on September 29th, this is that female-focused Android phone that's leaked a couple of times in the past. Said to be packing Android 2.3.
- HTC Vigor: Coming October 5th. This is the device a lot of folks have been waiting for. Reportedly packing a 1280x720 display and 1.5GHz processor and, according to this doc, set to replace the ThunderBolt.
I think I AM going to wait. Bionic seems a bit "eh" now. I think Moto really took a major dump on its bottom line, waiting to release the Bionic a couple of weeks before the 1.5 GHZ higher-res-screen 4G phone by HTC (Vigor). [htc vigor]
Very interesting indeed!