View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2011, 11:50 PM   #34 (permalink)
2manyPHONES

Device(s): Captivate, Inspire, galaxy tab, Acer iconia a500
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arual View Post
I read often the complaints about the screen in daylight and the speaker phone, both not being up to par... not being able to see the screen in the day and the speakerphone being weak/low/etc. Im just wondering a little about this because I sat outside all day today, in the desert heat (eek!) and surfed the web and texted with my college kiddo, with no issues about the screen. I also made 4 calls, had them all on speaker... it was loud and perfect. The only thing that was slightly annoying was the delay transferring from handset to speaker when I first put it to speaker... but once its on speaker, it was fine.

Am I misunderstanding the issues about the screen and the speaker phone?
Speaker phone is realllllly important to me (I know I can do bluetooth but i honestly hate them, lol), so Im really interested in this issue :-)
The issue with the screen is that when you dim it to help save battery pretty much anything below 100% is kinda difficult to read.

The speakerphone issue for me is that it does suck when compared to my other phones. Some say it's tolerable others say it's just fine. So maybe if someone is going from a phone with an excellent speakerphone to this there might be a noticeable difference. But i solved this by getting a Plantronics k100 (yes it's bluetooth, but it's a bluetooth speakerphone not headset)
If I've helped you please take a sec to click the Thanks button so that I know I done did good