Thread: General Software Update
View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2011, 09:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
jj2me

Device(s): LG Lucid 2, LG Optimus V
Carrier: Verizon, Virgin Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembeman View Post
I get an error after trying to download the update. It says download failure "device runs out of memory." The file is 71,202 KB (about 70 MB) and I have over 700MB available in all 3 of my storage locations. I guess it's just failing and giving me a generic failure message. I'm downloading over 4G. Anyone else successful or unsuccessful downloading the update on 4G????

Update: After trying 2 or 3 times, now my phone tells me that there is no update available. WTF???
What do you mean by "700MB available in all 3 of my storage locations"? The error code was written by a developer, who normally calls RAM memory, of which there is only 512MB, but really only max 368MB available. What are the other two storage locations you're referring to?

I'm going to create a new thread entitled "RAM-constrained phone" or some such. We're always seeing problems when RAM gets around 70MB. I have to use Superbox's "Free Memory" button all too often to free memory (RAM), because the freeable memory that is supposed to be freed up when needed, never seems to get freed up before I see problems.