Thread: General Accuweather Location Update
View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2011, 08:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Danw1920

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S 2, Samsung Galaxy i7500
Carrier: Not Provided

For me I had only got 'my location' and no cities, yes I can manually change it though that is defeating the purpose of the automatic 'find my location' function. On a second look It appears to have added the current location of where I was at the time as a location instead of it refreshing the current location at each update interval. I found my location again manually and it adds it as another location, switching between the two. As I was travelling on that day the previous location is no longer needed so I had to manually delete it...

It is a nice looking app but without this function it's not that useful unless you are always in the same location. The weatherbug has an actual my location feature as well as the ability to add other cities of your choice and switch between them easily though I don't use the widget. I like to see the temperature in the notification bar (so I can see it even in the lock screen) and I just pull it down and tap on it for more info. I have not tried using the 'my location' widget using it so the same issues may occur.

If someone can shed more light on this I may give it another try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heshanj View Post
just to double check, u can manually change, right? for example, u have a couple of cities u visit regularly, u have those added.. is it easy to swap between them, manually?