To be more specific:
1) Connect your device to your PC and open up your existing 8gb SD card on your desktop.
2) Create a folder and copy everything from your SD card to that new folder.
3) Name and save that new folder somewhere on your PC.
4) Disconnect your device and open up the back cover of your device to remove your 8gb SD card.
5) Insert your new 32gb SD card and put the cover back on.
6) Turn on your device, allow it to boot up, and reconnect to your PC.
7) THERE IS NO FORMATTING NECESSARY.
8) Open your SD card connection and copy over the files that you placed in the new folder.
9) Disconnect, and make sure you check each file to ensure it works properly.
10) You're done.