Thread: General Lte?
View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2011, 07:58 AM   #30 (permalink)
rrhartjr

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinwons View Post
I don't think Exynos has integrated 3G radio chips like Qualcomm snapdragons. Tegra2, OMAP4 don't have it either as far as I know. So they can be used for GSM and CDMA phones.

I think it's either Exynos supply issue or Samsung found it more power efficient with dual core snapdragon 8X60 AP and LTE radio.
More baseless speculation..

Samsung is moving a LOT of phones.. and I think they may be looking ahead to potential supply issues.. they have enough of a bottleneck with their own SAMOLED displays. I think it might be asking for trouble to expect to be able to fab all their SOCs in house, too..

The Exynos, at the very least, is competitive with the Scorpion cores..

I think its paving the way for Samsung to migrate to 28nm Snapdragons.. I don't think Samsung is going to have the 28nm capacity to meet the demand for the next gen Galaxy..

No sense in getting caught out by lagging on the transition to 28nm, especially for a company that prides itself on thin, efficient phones. Maybe Motorola can get away with selling a pig, but not Samsung

Then there's definitely the power consumption issues.. the three US CDMA/LTE phones have proven that nobody has found a silver bullet yet..
The Following User Says Thank You to rrhartjr For This Useful Post:
jinwons (August 10th, 2011)