Thread: Support Front view camera on Skype
View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2011, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
kyler13

Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Hi all

Had Skype installed on my Droid Charge.

How do I make front camera work with it? Can not find way to switch cameras at all. Pretty useless with rear camera.

Also, do I download Skype from Market, or from Skype? I did one from Market, and now my market looks completely different and pushing all kinds of junk I never will need.
Skype only supports front facing cameras on Gingerbread. The bottom line is that Gingerbread has a basic API built-in for accessing the front facing camera which wasn't available in Froyo. From a developer standpoint, you can utilize the front facing camera in earlier Android versions, however you need to code for the proprietary methods used by the manufacturer for each and every phone you want to support. Oovoo works with the Charge. If you want to use Skype, you'll need to wait for the official Gingerbread release.
The Following User Says Thank You to kyler13 For This Useful Post:
ukrkoz (August 10th, 2011)