View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2011, 09:51 AM   #106 (permalink)
jmastron

Device(s): Droid Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by binturong View Post
One more question: If I'm porting my current number from Sprint over to Verizon in the process, will my current phone be shut off immediately, leaving me phone-less until my Incredible 2 shows up in the mail?

If that's the case, not a big deal at all, especially considering the $$ saved. But just curious.
When I switched from AT&T to Verizon last year, I was able to sign up for brand new account with a new number to try it out (I used call forwarding on my AT&T number), and a couple weeks later (I think it was 30 days back then vs 14 now) just call Verizon and start a number port to the same phone/account. That process took a couple hours at most.

Beware though that I had bought the phone direct from Verizon -- I don't know how doing the above affects the extra termination fee that Amazon et all charges if you cancel. The main account login changes to the new (old) number; it depends whether they key off that or another underlying account code. You'd want to check with both Verizon and Amazon to see if that's allowed.
The Following User Says Thank You to jmastron For This Useful Post:
binturong (August 11th, 2011)