View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2011, 01:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
jh221

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default New Battery Solution?

I have had the same problem for the last 6 months, almost getting to the point that I wanted to throw my sluggish phone out the window. I have done factory resets, and obtained temporary relief--but eventually, the problem has crawled back within a week or so.

BUT--in the last month or so, my battery became unmanageable--draining in like half a day, and needing multiple recharges just to make it through the day. I finally broke down and ordered a new Motorola battery on ebay (appears to be an original), for like $5. Figured worth it to get me the next few months until I can get a new phone from Verizon.

The battery works great. More importantly, ALL the sluggishness and slowness in my Droid is gone? Not sure why, or how this could be--but I am not longer stuck waiting for the Home screen to load--and programs load now like they used to. And I can get through one day without having to recharge constantly.

I imagine others might be explain why this works--but so far, it seems like that might be a solution to your problem, especially if your phone is now over a year old, like mine?