Thread: General WonderMedia WM8650
View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:45 AM   #122 (permalink)
emilylane1

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Wildfire, LG Optimus, 7" WM8650 tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Happy wm8650 ROM for app market

Hi all, just wanted to share the download I was given that has turned my wm8650 from total trash to an awesome little unit.
I have the 7" 3g model, 3g external dongle, not 3g sim slot.
Blue led light, silver back, 9v model. It was only running the stupid chinese app market and would not sync with google or gmail etc but after a simple download to a micro sd its now working just like my samsung galaxy phone! Here is the download link and the simple instructions that were given to me:
DOWNLOAD THE FILES FROM THE LINK - http://173.255.228.138/~rogercalver/Slatedroid Singularity M009s FINAL Firmware/Slatedroid Singularity M009S Final v5 (WMT1.5.0 Based).zip

UNZIP THE FILES
TRANSFER TWO FILES TO YOUR MICRO SD CARD

Transfer "wmt_scriptcmd" and "FirmwareInstall" on to the sd card.

Those 2 things should be sitting next to each other on the main directory.
Turn your tablet off and plug it into a power point. Then insert the sd card and turn it back on. It will begin flashing the device and installing a new firmware/operating system. It will tell you when to remove the sd card. When you remove it, the tablet will automatically reboot. The first boot always takes a little while so don't be alarmed. Just wait for it to boot up.
If your tablet gives you the options of a "launcher", mine came up with 3 options and i was advised "LauncherPro" was the pick of the bunch and fastest and so far I would have to agree.
After choosing the launcher my tablet was able to access the normal android app market, i was able to sync my google account and gmail, the whole tablet just ran faster and smoother.
I did not write the ROM so cannot answer any sticky questions on its details, all I can tell you is it has this cheap tab running very sweet and I hope sharing it may help others who are tearing their hair out like i was!
Kindest Regards
Lisa in Oz
The Following User Says Thank You to emilylane1 For This Useful Post:
ndh777 (August 16th, 2011)