View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2011, 06:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
SteveO_148

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330D View Post
It does not have a "slow" processor. It may be rated lower than others, but it is very robust. I have never had an issue with gaming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edp View Post
the shift is a beast. and the processor is anything but slow. even before i rooted/overclocked it, it ran with/out ran the best of em.
I just traded in the Shift for the EVO 3d, because I had an upgrade bc sprint messed up. I went to the shift from the Samsung Moment. I knew that I didn't need the keyboard, but chose the shift because of its nice size. Now I don't want a phone with a keyboard ever again. I can type so fast using swiftkey keyboard app in portrait or landscape. It has assume word prediction and before that I used swipe. My daughter chose the shift because she won't let the keyboard thing go...I get it.
People at Sprint say it is "slow" because it is 800MHZ, but they don't realize that it is a Snapdragon 2 and performs/benchmarks as well as the long time flagship Evo 4g which is 1000MHZ snapdragon 2. Also, the shift has assume battery life compared to my moment, wife's evo and the hero, because of the processor. The physical keyboard works well. I miss my shift at times over this last week. I would highly recommend it. I was going to get the nexus s. for a 4in screen it is big and I hate the button lineup...messes me up.