Thread: Drag Racing
View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #456 (permalink)
Rubber_Duck_10

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Hey all,

First time posting so bear with me. I see most people talk about 1/2 mile runs and their tunes and such, however I want to compete on both. At the moment I mainly focus on the offline part of this game, although I do play some online matches.

However I'm having trouble with tuning cars. Now I don't want any settings, I want to learn to do it myself. But starting from scratch seems almost impossible (although I know some must have done so).

Are there any guidelines on how to tune a car for the 1/2 mile and 1/4 mile? I read some in this post about keeping your ratio's about 1-0.7 apart from the first to the second gear and to keep the distance tighter with each passing gear. However I have no clue whatsoever as to what the Final Drive does. I also have no idea how to tune a car for the 1/4 mile. Does this apply there to? Should I have higher ratio's with more space in between etc. etc..

It would be nice to get some info on this, so I atleast know how the tuning works instead of doing what I do now and that's basically ruin every setup I got

Thanks upfront.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rubber_Duck_10 For This Useful Post:
masda74 (August 18th, 2011)