Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) section!
Important note regarding model variants:
There are an increasing number of different Handsets being marketed as Galaxy S2 models. To avoid confusion, please note that the vast majority of topics within this section concern the version of the Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100
, Exynos SOC @ 1.2GHz, 21Mbps HSPDA+/WiMax), and sub-variants such as the GT-i9100M
(Bell Canada) GT-i9100P
(NFC-enabled) and GT-i9100T
Other notably-different Galaxy S2 variants (with their official model numbers and links to the relevant Android Forums section/stuck thread where applicable) are:
AT&T Galaxy S2
AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
(SGH-i727; Qualcomm Snapdragon @1.5GHz, LTE)
Sprint Epic 4G Touch
T-Mobile Galaxy S2 'Hercules'
(SGH-T989; Qualcomm Snapdragon S3, 42Mbps HSPDA+)
Samsung Galaxy S2 G-variant
(GT-i9100G; OMAP 4430 @ 1.2GHz)
Samsung Galaxy R
(GT-i9103; SLCD display, Tegra 2 @ 1.08GHz)
If in any doubt, and to avoid expensive mistakes, double-check the Model Number
listed in Settings/About phone
Rather than having a million different stickies, we've combined all sticky-worthy threads (and other useful links) into one thread for you. However, please note that the All Things Root
section has it's own guide thread
. If you feel anything should be added/removed from this thread, feel free to PM any of the Guides/Mods and we'll sort it for you.
Samsung Support Website
Support for Galaxy S II
Galaxy S2 User Manual
Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) Service Manual
(pdf documents in RAR archive)
Tips & Tricks
Folders Created by Apps and Widgets
Identifying Samsung Galaxy S2 and LTE Models
Samsung Galaxy S2 - Wikipedia
Firmware - News and discussion
Check FUS 2.0 (web version)
- Check for firmware updates for your Samsung device
SamFirmware.com - News
Official Samsung firmwares (XDA)
Official carrier-branded firmwares (XDA)
Samsung Galaxy S2 modem (radio) firmwares (Mo Firouz)
Galaxy S2 Shipped Modem Collection (XDA)
Official 2.3.4 firmware update via Kies (discussion)
What do the first two firmware letters mean?
ICS + CSC = are you eligible for an update?
Jelly Bean Update - Dummies Guide
How To Hard-Reset My Handset?
Battery dies in 10 hours?
Battery draining 1% every 20mins in idle mode?
Impressive battery life after JuiceDefender install
Heating problems with S2
Phone heats up & shuts down while playing games
Need to sync GS2 with Outlook
Poor wifi reception
Bluetooth - cannot connect with computer
Slow screen wakeup?
SDcard and internal memory got me confused
USB port problems (randomly entering Car Mode, phantom connections, charging etc)
Yellowish tint on left side of screen
Common Terms/Acronyms you may encounter:
- A piece of code that runs before the operating system is started when the phone is turned on. It tells the phone what to boot eg normal boot, recovery mode, download mode.
- Carrier specific customisation. Contains carrier customisations eg apps
- The Operating system. Containing system apps and Android OS
- Manages the hardware on the phone eg CPU, Memory etc
- Manages radio signals eg Wifi, bluetooth, mobile network
- Partition information table. Used for repartitioning phones memory
- Not sure what it stands for but it is used to flash firmware and kernel
- Same thing as Firmware really. (Custom firmware tends to be called ROM)