View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2011, 08:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
myfishbear

Device(s): LG Ally - Executed, Droid 1 - Cm9, Droid 4 - Eclipse ICS 1.5.2, HTC DNA - CleanRom, DIIpad - D2r
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4rd View Post
Doesn't seem like there was any performance improvements done from 5.4. I was about to flash this until I noticed that. I think I'm just going to go back to CM 6.x or another Froyo ROM since every GB ROM has memory issues for me. Multitasking has been nonexistent and overall the phone lags after running for more than a day straight between reboots.

I can't wait to upgrade to the GS2 or Bionic soon. This phone had a great run, but it's definitely showing its age now, IMO.
ive had luck with chevys low volt 1.0 ghz kern and the latest cyanogen7 nightly then i use ti backup to remove any apps i dont use like voice or the stock email programs, the cm staststics, fota kill, anything that says cm lol except the cm settings app(including the cm market installer). personally i use the yahoo app... all together i get alot of mem free... i multitask well too... just remeber to clear your cache and davilik cache and factory reset when you install it... and also remember, first flash the rom, gbapps then the kern... if you still need memory disable android keyboard in the settings and you will get another 10 mb free at all times furthermore format your sd card, it may contain old cache files for you droid which will bog it down... after a day of use it should re write em and it will be much faster the second day and after...

new nightlies
CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

gbapps (google apps pack)
http://cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip

chevy no 1 kerns
[Kernels] 5/31/11 - Froyo/Gingerbread
Last edited by myfishbear; August 21st, 2011 at 08:49 AM.