View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2010, 09:52 PM   #94 (permalink)
britbloke

Device(s): LG Eve iPhone 8GB 3G
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbAndroid View Post
Hi, I found this forum/topic on Jan.26 as I wanted to research the LG Eve smartphone a bit before getting one from Rogers. I am not so sure I am interested in the Eve anymore!! Unbelievable that Rogers can not give anyone a straight answer!! So, I thought I'd try and call Rogers and got nothing but the run around, noone seemed to know anything about what I was talking about, I was transferred twice and the last guy just plainly said yes it was upgradeable! What crap, I just wanted off the phone by then, so I said ok and hung up! I also emailed LG Canada through their website and asked if the Eve would be upgradeable to a newer version of the Android OS, and if so, to what version.....the reply that I got was interesting! The person from LG Canada said that they had, and I quote, "just learned that the Android software will be upgradeable to 2.0 in the near future on the LG Eve." So, who do I believe? LG? Or Rogers.....who don't seem to know anything!? Can anyone give us a straight up answer and end this confusion!? Anyway, that's the info that I have, I hope it helps! And thank you to the people who keep up the fight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjschmidt View Post
@NewbAndroid: Can you copy and paste here the email you received, including the name of the person who emailed you, and if you have it, the email address?
This could be encouraging news from LG if true about the 2.0 update.