View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2011, 09:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
scary alien
not really so scary

Device(s): LG Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Asus Nexus 7, Moto Droid X, HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 15,009 Times in 7,370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpbomber View Post
lol, thank you and thank you again. You, amongst others here, have helped me countless times over without ever knowing it.

I've never done an SBF before, I've read a bunch about it... Just not sure it's something I want to jump into just to be able to install an OTA baseband update. If I'm gonna learn to SBF, it should be to try out CM7.1 or something, right?!?!
LOL, I've never done an SBF before either [that's why I wanted to use this thread's method ]. I've got all the files downloaded in case I need to and feel like I'm always prepared to do so if necessary.

Its actually very well documented by several folk here at AF and elsewhere. I simply wanted to avoid unnecessary work and steps and having to restore my apps and such.

The factory reset that I needed to do was simply a consequence of my disabling the OTA (I believe), so I was bummed-out about that, but this particular method was still more straightforward for me.

I haven't read anything yet about .602 indicating that its a quantum leap above .596, so patience might be your virtue here...

Cheers and good luck!

Oh, and sorry for muddying things up in my post above about "stock"...must be rooted stock .596