View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2011, 07:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
tliebeck
Premium Member
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): If I stacked them up they'd fall over.
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat007 View Post
I figured out the swiping thing, but if I swipe 3 files, and I long press on one, I can copy, but it it only copies the one I pressed (with all 3 highlighted). How to copy and paste 3 items at once?

I don't need a separate "exit" button, but it would be nice if the "back" button clicked out of the app (I think most apps do that). If I click HOME and say I forgot to disconnect from my wifi PC connection, I assume that connection is still live with FX running in the background. I'd rather make sure nothing is running in FX when I "quit".
To cut/copy/delete multiple selected items, just tap the File menu in the lower left corner. Having the context menu operate on selected items (vs. the item clicked) could be a bit confusing in a scenario where one or more items were selected off screen (while none were selected on screen).

Currently all network connections are closed after 90 seconds of idle time (this will be configurable at some point in the not-too-distant future). "Sessions" remain active for a bit longer (5 minutes at present) and will also be configurable. An active "session" doesn't actually mean any connections are in place, just that FX is remembering login/password info for that server temporarily in case you want to establish a connection.

The Bluetooth push server currently remains active indefinitely until it is manually stopped. I will be adding a default-enabled option to auto-stop after a period of inactivity. The Bluetooth push server does have an icon in the notification area whenever it is running though.

Having windows open (either the active window or otherwise) to a network location will NOT cause connections to remain active. Connections will be re-established once the app is reopened and action is taken within the window.

You can open the "Net Status" window (tap "Windows" menu, then "Operations," then "Net Status") to see the connection manager working.
The Following User Says Thank You to tliebeck For This Useful Post:
tcat007 (August 23rd, 2011)