View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2011, 11:59 PM   #68 (permalink)
KOLIO
AF Contributor

Device(s): HTC ONE M8 | LG G-FLEX/G-PAD 8.3 | LG GOOGLE TV G3 | SAMSUNG GEAR FIT | QUALCOMM TOQ | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstarner View Post
Well i tried Icarus 1.1 and it was smooth but the phone would reset about every 2 mins.. now mind u im speaking about 3 phones same model and all me, my wifes and my daughters.. ... So i wont go back to icarus.. i havent tried cm6 yet.. now the other 2 phones i put back to stock rom.. but i got more time hence im self employed.. i have re done my phone agian and re clocked the cpu to 480 mhz and locked on reboot and it seems to be working... now.. this is diffrent i have been flashing phones for some time.. but i was doing alot of the HTC Moguls and stuff for metro.. and just started messing with the Android system.. like i have a brand new HTC ERIS Android.. but cant find really any instruction.. i found one but hard to understand..

sorry for the long version lol..

i went back in ... and set cpu to 480 mhz and locked on reboot and seems to be fine for the last 30 or so mins..i guess im going to go back re rom it.. and deal with the rebooting lol...

One other opinion is going to stock/rooted,de-bloat as much as possible per ULTIMATE ASCEND CUSTOMIZATION GUIDE,& use LINK2SD(in the ANDROID MARKET) to move user apps to the SD card.You can even move the DALVIK Cache to SD w/this app.
I ran this way for quite a while until I took the plunge to CM7.
You can move even more apps to the SDcard w/TITANIUM BACKUP PRO.It lets you turn system apps into user apps & subsequently move them to the SDcard.
Just don't move the launcher,market,browser,email,or keyboard to SD & you should be OK.
The Following User Says Thank You to KOLIO For This Useful Post:
jstarner (August 24th, 2011)