- Used Flash Image GUI to install CWM.
- Used CWM to install the latest build of CM7 (08212011-build 2).
- Used CWM to install gapps.
Everything went fine with a couple of notes:
- When I try to "power off" the handset it reboots instead. ?
- Had issue waking up from screen off. Turning off the screen on/off animations fixed it, as noted in the wiki.
- The gapps install after reboot is a little buggy -- but was able to work around it. After installing gapps and rebooting, I am prompted to "slide open the keyboard" in order to enter my account info. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to open a virtual keyboard. I skipped this and went on with the download of the google apps. The first app to start downloading was Gmail, which bombed at 47%. None of the other apps I selected downloaded. However, I was now able to go to the market and download/install from there. I entered my google account info using google contacts app menu.
- No idea if bluetooth is working as I don't have any devices to try.
- MMS works.
- GPS does not
work. I have tried turning if on/off and turning airplane mode on/off. I have never seen the GPS icon at the top of my screen. When I try to use google maps navigation, it says "searching for GPS..." at the bottom of the screen and I sit indefinitely at a busy prompt that says "Waiting for location".
Besides the GPS issue, I'm really enjoying CM7 on the Optimus C. So thanks to PlayfulGod, BobZhome, sillyputtyddd
and everyone who contributed and tested the port up to this point! And thanks to papasmurf520
for the nice installation walkthrough. Made me way less jittery.