View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #59 (permalink)
Grenovic

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
I see you're a newbie. Well reboot the computer, power off the phone wait, 25 sec at least power it back on. Give it another go. Start kies first once loaded plug in the phone and leave it alone. Approx 15 min ... it looses USB connection and after the decompression phase it should toggle the phone into receiving the files, if so a YELLOW downloading screen appears. Then just wait and wait. Its updating. Forget about backing up anything other than contacts. I did not work for me.

Quite the contrary, actually. At the time, I was just very frustrated and was looking for answers in all the wrong places. Needless to say, I tried your method numerous times but to no avail.

After a conversation I had last night, it was suggested that I do a factory reset and then try upgrading the firmware. And as hesitant as I was to do that knowing I'd lose my apps (the phone isn't rooted so there's no TI backup), I did it regardless. Finally, I am running gingerbread.... and I might have lost some hair in the process as well.