View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2011, 01:12 PM   #34 (permalink)
nj02vette

Device(s): Verizon LG G2, Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Transformer Infinity, Transformer Prime, Too many things
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcha View Post
I'm amazed at all of the positive reviews for Samsung products. I feel completely burned by Samsung. Both Samsungs I've owned have been total flops. If Samsung makes this phone, it will make me wait to see what issues pop up. I was less than impressed with the Nexus S 4g due to its radio issues. GPS is still a nightmare on all Samsung phones.
I couldn't agree more. Samsung has always made good to great hardware products with horrible software support. Poorly functioning GPS is still an issue on many of the Galaxy S class phones. Also not a fan of iOS clone TouchWiz. Enough with the super smooth fingerprint magnet bar shapes too. Give it some shape and texture, and make it feel like squeezing it won't break it.

I'll give it to motorola there. They build many of thier phones like tanks. Plus moto has their radios down. GPS works like a charm and the three mic noise cancellation makes for one of the best call quality available on a cell phone.

But if Samsung can get thier act together for this latest release, I may seriously consider it. In any event, October can't get here soon enough.

I wonder, if this is a Verizon exclusive, then will they subsidize it, or just an outright purchase like other Nexus devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to nj02vette For This Useful Post:
simcha (September 4th, 2011)