View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2011, 09:34 PM   #50 (permalink)
Scur

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: US Cellular

Send a message via MSN to Scur

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFlannigan5 View Post
I've done the "start from scratch" thing like 5 times now. Only thing different is I'm trying it with an SD card installed. Praying and hoping. I don't have the $$ for the light bill, much less an iPod. But she's 7 and who can say no right?
Is there anyway the .img that I have is broken? Did you download yours from somewhere else beside Nuttmegs link?
I just don't get why everything will go as planned and then to have it not boot...I was thinking of taking the "system" image out and replacing it with Cyanogen's? When I extracted the zip no system img came up tho. I tried replacing recovery with Amon and CWM but nothing ever came of it. And as I type this I can tell ya that the phone is just sitting on the Splash. Idk, frustrating.
Maybe someone will jump on here and correct me, but I'm not sure you can just switch "images" like that.
When my phone is at a standstill, and I can't really do anything, and I'm going to do everything from scratch, I flash back to stock this way. Works every time for me. Eventually, sometimes, but invariably.
I have a whole list of other things I do, but that's the guide I use to start out. On the rare occasions it doesn't work, and still doesn't after about 3 attempts, I'll re-download from the links, and try again. I've just plain tried to brick this phone. I can't do it.
Last edited by Scur; August 29th, 2011 at 09:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scur For This Useful Post: