View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2011, 06:04 AM   #36 (permalink)
robhs

Device(s): Galaxy S2 (AT&T)
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinwons View Post
Apparently you and some others are still under outdated impression on samsung androids while you have been holding out. GPS was pretty much the only weak hardware spot of original SGS and it's addressed nicely in SGSII and working fine. Also new Touchwiz 4.0 looks nothing like cartoonish iOS. It's very nicely revamped with butterly smooth UI with new features like motion zoom not found in any other UI yet. Point is they have not been sitting on their laurel since original SGS.
Not quite so outdated...I spent $500.00 on my Captivate and cannot afford to go out and buy the latest Samsung device with the hopes that I won't get as badly burned as I did before.

The GPS problem is only part of the overall bad experience of this device. Random shutdowns, terrible lag, and the bonus of delayed updates have left a lot of people bitter about that.

My attitude about Samsung is not prejudiced but cautious. They stuck me hard and did nothing (actually refused) to make it right.

I will wait until this device has had some real world use and read reviews before I will take another chance with Samsung.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robhs For This Useful Post:
Montana Man (October 9th, 2011), simcha (September 4th, 2011)