Thread: Support Samsung galaxy battery life
View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2011, 03:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
g6ndroid

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Funny thing happened today. I was able to drop the battery level by 10% in around 10 seconds. Phone was in flight mode with every setting set to extend battery life (screen brightness was 0, auto-sync off, background data on, BT off, GPS off). Only wireless was turned on. I have not been able to reproduce the event.

1. auto rotation on.
2. *#*#4636#*#*
3. battery information
4. rotate the screen back and forth

each time I did this, I would lose around 2-3% of battery life. After losing 10%, I exited to the homescreen, not wanting to further lose power. I don't know if I had continued, maybe it would have continued dropping. Out of curiousity I tried the procedure again a few minutes later and it would not drop anymore.

It happened accidently when the screen rotated while viewing the battery information screen and I noticed the battery drop by 3%. Was amazed to see it drop again by rotating the screen over and over.

I am trying to figure out why this happened and what the explanation is. Any ideas? Did this in some way calibrate my battery or something? Some people seem to get great battery life from their GIO but many of us, including myself, have had terrible battery life.

I am now charging my GIO and hope this event has calibrated my battery and I will now get better battery life.