View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2011, 01:31 AM   #23 (permalink)
JollyRoger87

Device(s): Motorola Triumph CM7/MIUI
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickerguy View Post
Yes but there is no audio (at all) due to a driver problem of some sort at present. Getting the radio to come up far enough to receive and send a SMS or make/accept a call occurred several days ago - getting the phone to come up into data mode was considerably more difficult.

Getting the code working to that point led me to dig through most of the radio-related code (the related parts are all in the framework, incidentally, which is interesting in and of itself) and at this point I understand the conditions that must exist for Android to attempt starting a data session. Note that by default the debugging statements are off in the log, so a logcat on the radio will imply what the problem is but likely won't TELL YOU which state condition is prohibiting the start - I had to add several debugging statements to discern that and be able to trace it down.
Thank you so much for your work on this! Ya know I flashed this Andro-Id rom and found it to be sooo much better than stock aside from 3g and 1x not working. It was smoother, better battery, less bugs... I'm having gingerbread withdrawals lol. I'd flash back but I realized how often I use data so I'll stick here for know I suppose. But once again thanks a bunch man!