View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2011, 04:59 PM   #25 (permalink)
PlayfulGod
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, LG Spirit, LG Motion, ZTE Sequent
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweeksRevenge View Post
I always recommend changing recoverys through terminal or adb. In this case we are switching from AMEND to EDIFY which most android apps wont recognize since this isnt a common thing to do. I have tested one-click flashing through my file manager (the stock one) and it reboots into recovery and installs. My only stumbling block is I cannot get used to using the camera button as enter.

If you press the power button in CWM recovery the screen will go black but DO NOT PANIC!!! Press it again to restore the screen and continue on playing with this new recovery.
yea use the hard buttons, VOL+- to scroll, camera button to select, back button to goo back. All other buttons will blank the screen, just press one of them again to bring it back.

And to make a small correction, its not android or apps that determine if AMEND or EDIFY is used, but the recovery and its associated files.

PlayfulDroidz Wiki