View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2011, 10:28 AM   #65 (permalink)
avenuePad
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate (Telus)
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonjon View Post
I've had to power cycle mine many times. It would freeze and just not respond to anything, and the battery life sucked! I bit the bullet and wiped the phone. Now, it flies! How the hell do I root the damn thing now?
I actually did a factory reset, as well. I find the performance to be much better, or at least on par with Froyo + Voodoo.

I have a few minor complaints with TW, but nothing much. I just wish Samsung would have kept the vanilla GB notification bar. I think it's much better with the dark black and green, instead of the gradient black/grey. Samsung should also drop the "Apple" style app drawer, specifically in regards to the icons. That's just a personal preference on my part, but I can't stand it. It makes the phone look like Fisher Price. But that's just a general TW complaint and has nothing really to do with GB.

In any case, I'm glad I did the update. Now I have to update a Fascinate 4G, that my friend picked up the other day. He would never do it himself. heh

Edit: I also meant to ask if anybody has tried the root that Karmatose provided. Thanks, btw, Karmatose.
Last edited by avenuePad; September 1st, 2011 at 10:31 AM.