View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2011, 03:59 PM   #30 (permalink)
Rafael

Device(s): Verizon S4 16gb, rooted, TWRP, custom ROM. Asus Transformer Prime, unlocked & Energy ROM.
Carrier: Not Provided

A custom ROM would be great....but this phone is not popular enough to attract the attention of those bright enough to accomlish it.

A "custom ROM" would mean that a programmer pulls apart the current operating system and removes those things no one wants. Often the programmer will add desireable features. This new ROM would be loaded into the phone by Root users providing a quick way of getting rid of unwanted feature and adding popular features.

I would like to have one.....but I doubt we will find anyone willing to put in the time for a fairly obscure phone.

I am an idiot when pitted against the people working on mods for these phones. This phones lack of customer base affords anyone with even minor knowledge of it, like me, to be deemed "somewhat knowledgable". But then, it makes such a person the equivalent to the fastest kid in the 100 yard dash at the Special Olympics. No offense intended towards anyone but myself.

Titanium Backup is a great tool! It makes it easy to put thinkgs back if you make a mistake or remove something that is needed.
I never knew of it when I had my original Droid. Wish I had.
I also use Root Explorer for making changes to the file system.